How you conduct yourself on an interview can make a critical difference in your career. Use the guidelines presented in "Self-Evaluation" to enhance your marketability.Before you set out on your search for a new position, an objective self-evaluation is important, to help you:
- Determine and refine your next-step career objective.
- Structure the best possible presentation for your interview.
Besides needing professional skills, companies have varied corporate cultures and look for people with the personality types that match.First, ask yourself these questions:
- Am I a self starter, a team player, a loner, assertive, ambitious?
- Do I take direction well, listen and communicate well?
- Or do I prefer to take the lead?
- Where do I fit in the overall scheme of things?
Study this list carefully, so that when you meet with your new potential employer you'll feel at ease describing the knowledge you bring and the contributions you can make to the new organization.